1.8 to 3.5T Engine Counterbalance Forklifts
Developed to help your operator achieve maximum productivity, GRENDIA sets the highest of standards for IC engine counterbalance forklifts. No other forklift includes so many advanced features in its standard specification. That's why GRENDIA is such unbeatable value for money. What's more, its durable components, low-maintenance design and fuel economy will continue to keep down the cost of forklift ownership, year after year.
The name GRENDIA means 'Green Diamond': green for environmental protection; diamond for high quality, reliability and sound investments. Fast, stable and exceptionally powerful, GRENDIA forklifts offer a potent combination of high efficiency, low emissions and very low noise levels. To that, Mitsubishi has added a host of ergonomic features to maximise comfort, control and precision. The result is a forklift that can be relied upon to deliver top performance, whatever the application, whatever the conditions.
GRENDIA’S ECO- POWER MEETS ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF TODAY AND TOMORROW.
2007 EMISSION STANDARDS COMPLIANT*: HIGH RELIABILITY DIESEL ENGINE
The well-known performance levels of the highly acclaimed Mitsubishi Diesel Engine, have been maintained but now come with eco- friendly refinements. The upgraded engines have now achieved low emission levels in compliance with the 2007 Emissions Standards without compromising horsepower or reliability.
* 2007 Emissions Standard for Specific Special Vehicles (including off-road vehicles)
- Compliant with Emissions Standard for Specific Special Vehicles.
- Ministry of the Environment
- Ministry of the Economy, Trade and Industry
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport
LOW-NOISE DESIGN FOR MAXIMUM COMFORT WITH MINIMAL OPERATOR FATIGUE
With features such as low-noise engine, enhanced soundproofing of the engine compartment and floor level noise dampening, Mitsubishi Forklift Trucks has achieved a quiet working environment both for the operator and the surrounding working environment.
* ISO- equivalent noise level (When diesel engine is in SOFT mode at high idle speed)
Optional: ECO- FRIENDLY VEHICLES WITH CLEAN EXHAUST EMISSIONS
Besides the gasoline- powered and diesel- powered models, the Grendia is also available in other clean exhaust, energy-efficient models. These include LPG-powered or diesel forklifts fitted with DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) that helps eliminate possible black smoke.
- Vehicle fitted with DPF helps eliminate black smoke.
- The ceramic filter recovery unit is fitted inside the right-side step of the machine.
- DPF exhaust monitor. Displays filter levels and necessary recovery time.
“SAFETY FIRST”- YET ANOTHER GRENDIA HALLMARK
INTEGRATED PRESENCE SYSTEM- “IPS”
Grendia is fitted with Mitsubishi’s IPS, an integrated active safety system designed to improve vehicle safety by actively detecting problems before they become accidents. It not only ensures safety during vehicle operation but also prevents errors when the operator is not seated, protecting both the operator and the workplace from potential accidents.
NEW-INTEGRATED DIGITAL MONITORS
In the cab, digital displays are used to provide easier monitoring of systems and controls. The digital panel illuminates when the ignition is switched on allowing speed, load weight and system monitors to be checked at a glance.
Mitsubishi Grendia forklifts are equipped with mast and travel interlock protection device that is linked to the operator’s seat. If the operator is not seated, the mast and (for torque- converter models) the movement of the vehicle itself, is automatically locked in order to prevent injury or damage to property. * Note that brakes are not applied in travel interlocking, so forklifts can still move on slopes due to gravity.
The fork on the Mitsubishi Grendia is automatically locked when the ignition is switched off, so it remains in position even if the lift lever is accidently bumped or moved.
TWO-LEVEL HIGH/ LOW SPEED LIMITER
The Grendia’s automatic speed limiter can be set to two levels- outdoors (HIGH) and indoors (LOW). Drivers can alternate between the two speed limits at the flick of a switch, helping them to choose the most appropriate fuel efficiency for the location.
* Standard for Electronically Controlled Gasoline Engine Trucks
POWER/ SOFT MODE SWITCH
Depending on the task, two power levels can be selected: POWER mode, which maximises power output and SOFT mode for fuel efficiency and low noise levels. Selecting SOFT mode cuts CO₂ emissions by approximately 13% compared to the POWER mode.
INNOVATIVE AND RELIABLE SAFETY FEATURES HELP PROTECT OPERATORS AND WORKPLACE
A Neutral Safety device, which prevents the engine from starting unless the forward/ backward lever is positioned at neutral, is now built in on all vehicles, including all torque- converter- fitted vehicles and all direct drive vehicles.
HIGH- MOUNTED REAR COMBINATION LAMP
All Mitsubishi Grendias are installed with rear combination lamps above the head guard that clearly signals braking or stopping to vehicles or persons behind the forklift.
* Positions will differ for forklifts requiring vehicle inspections in Japan.
WIDE FORWARD VISIBILITY/CLEAR REAR VISIBILITY
Unlike some forklifts, Mitsubishi Grendias have wide unobstructed visibility that extends from the tip of the fork to the top of the mast. Greater rear visibility is made possible by the Grendia’s compact tail design.
POWERFUL, SMOOTH AND COMPACT. EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE FOR SPEEDY WORK.
POWERFUL LIFTING CAPACITY
Mitsubishi Grendias are constructed with a low center of gravity frame that optimises vehicle balance and stability during lifting. That means a greater load capacity with much greater stability. The high- torque, high- power engine maintains a stable lift speed regardless of the load, helping operators to increase productivity.
Excellent lifting ability
- Lift speed: 640mm/s (when loaded)
- 660 mm/s (when not loaded) * FGE25ZN
- No capacity duration up to a height of 4 meters (2-stage mast).
Soft landings: Another exclusive feature found on the Mitsubishi Grendia is soft landing system that activates when the fork nears the ground, automatically protecting loads from hard drops or shocks.
* Only for two stage masts.
The high power engine and the high performance transmission are perfectly matched to produce an extremely smooth start/ acceleration as well as excellent traction even on uphill slopes. Excellent braking and stopping control is provided by a robust and reliable duo0servo system.
10m acceleration 3.1 seconds (unloaded)
Powerful Uphill Ability
12 degree uphill velocity 5.0km/h (unloaded)
Excellent Steering Ability
Minimum turning radius 1950mm
Grendias are easy to manoeuvre even in cramped warehouses and delivery bays
Right angle stacking aisle width 3650mm
Tight turns are easy with the Grendia thanks to a fully hydraulic power steering fitted with steering synchronizer/ mechanism for 100% stationary steering. Its manoeuvrability allows for easy U-turns and navigation in small workspaces.
*Steering synchronizer is optional on alternate sourced (MFD) Grendia trucks.
EASY OPERATION. DRIVER COMFORT.
- Suspension seat with hip support mechanism. Ability to adjust position and extent of reclining according to body shape for maximum comfort. Seat belt fitted with warning light. Soft- grip handle makes getting in and out easier.
- Electric shift lever can be moved back and forth at the touch of a finger. (for torque- converter models only)
- Acrylic roof (optional) for comfortable operation in outdoor conditions. Easily installed and uninstalled.
- Tiltable steering column.
- Fully hydraulic power steering. Fitted with steering synchronizer, a mechanism that automatically matches the rear wheel angle to the steering angle.
- Inching pedal allows delicate movements.
- Switches for optional functions positioned on the right side of the dashboard.
- Combination switch integrating indicators and headlight switches.
- Power- train full floating structure for excellent vibration reduction. The entire power- train is supported by vibration absorbent rubber mounts.
* Steering synchronizer is optional on alternate sourced (MFD) Grendia trucks.
CENTRALIZED MAINTENANCE POINTS FOR EASY INSPECTION AND MAINTENANCE
Inspection and maintenance is made easy thanks to a fully extendable engine hood, removable side covers and centralized maintenance points. In addition, the time intervals between oil changes and lubrication requirements have been increased, resulting in lower maintenance costs.