The forklift truck is one of the most widely-used tools in today’s workplace, spanning multiple industries. From warehouses to construction and every industry in between, forklifts can conquer heavy-lifting with ease. This ease, however, also presents many dangers. Fortunately, the dangers can be balanced through proper use, training, and safety awareness. The following are some free or low-cost ways you can ensure forklift safety in your own industry.
MLA Holdings Expands to Hunter, Newcastle, Central Coast, Gold Coast!
Pedestrian Operated Forklifts (POFs) differ from forklift trucks because they are not intended to be controlled by an operator riding on the vehicle. While similar safe operating and maintenance procedures apply to all types of forklifts, the following control measures relate specifically to POFs. A licence/certificate is not required to operate POFs.
More Articles ...
- Forklifts - Getting on and off Safely
- Safety for Forklift Operators
- Forklift Operators Compartment Safety Features
- Working with Forklifts
- Classic Forklifts Pty Ltd becomes Classic MLA
- SafeWork NSW launches forklift safety blitz
- Uncontrolled movement of vehicles
- Introducing a New Age of Forklifts Powered by Lithium-ion Batteries
- Separating Pedestrians and Forklifts
- Importance of the Forklift Pre-Start Checklist System